Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Inkscape Test....


No, this is not deja vu, but you have seen this image before. This lunchtime, I wanted to se just how good Inkscape was at inking using default settings. I've used a previous picture of Crash & Teeah as the basis, but I've just used the Calligraphy Pen with default thinning settings for the inking - no thickening with the tweak tool as yet.

All in all, it took about 45 minutes - not too shabby. The pen widths here are mainly 2, with 1 for fine lines, but I may have to ink at higher resolutions with thicker lines, as these widths seem hard to control (perhaps 3 with 1...)

I have to remind myself here, that the initial drawing was not brilliant! The comparison of the inks however, looks promising...

UPDATE: The thinning option can be made negative, which means if you go faster you get thicker lines - could I just have found inking nervana?

No comments: