Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Waiting...

Today, excitement was at fever pitch. At 7:15 this morning, my door bell rang...

"Parcel for you - sign 'ere!"

With trembling hands, I placed my mark on the postman's electronic tablet (me soon, I thought). Muttering my thank-yous, I closed the door. In my hands I now held a box, about the size of 3 reams of paper, but very light. Brown parcel tape enclosed what was obviously a shoe box - the sender had wanted the contents to remain safe. I whispered a "thank you" to the postal gods, for the safe arrival of the item. Carefully, I placed the box on the dining table, and proceeded to cut the tape separating the two halves of the box. My hands shook with excitement - not long, not long - as I removed the lid of the box. The contents were obscured, safely enclosed in thick bubble wrap, which I carefully removed, to reveal the wonderment inside...

... an Epilator.

Oh Globbitts!

Yep - wrong parcel - now I've got to go through all this again ... :)

1 comment:

john said...

that made me laugh, but I know the feeling!!!!!