Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It's no good...

I've tried, and tried and tried...

...but I can't create digitally.

I've tried different types of software to create my cartoons - Artrage, Manga Studio, OpenCanvas, Painter... the list goes on and on. I've tried digitally inking, pencilling, vectors, everything.

And I hate them.

I love paper and ink. There, I've said it. I'd rather pick up a pencil and draw my cartoon, ink it with pens and brushes, rather than try to re-create the feel of it digitally. There's just something so bloody sexy about it. If you're reading this Cathy, I think I'm beginning to understand where you're coming from now.

Having said all that, I still feel happier colouring digitally - I like correcting my mistakes after all!

Keep watching people, because I'm working on a new fluffy project right now, and you'll be the first to see the previews - watch this space peeps!

No comments: