Monday, June 21, 2010

Tablet PC - first impressions...

Well, I've finally managed to get around to using the tablet pc (sorry for the poor quality, had to use my phone's camera)...


It's a HP TC1100 tablet pc (with the keyboard removed) running XP Tablet Edition, and ArtRage Studio...

I'm surprised by how quickly I managed to get something reasonable out of it. The pressure sensitivity is fine for me (although OpenCanvas doesn't detect it - boohoo), and there is still a very slight feeling of disconnection, caused by the thickness of the glass screen (the pen appears to be gliding above the paper by 2mm), but apart from that, it's great!


Anyhow, I'll be using the tablet on the strip soon (see if you can tell when). That reminds me, time to put the kettle on...

2 comments:

john said...

looks really good...and artrage works ok on it? I use artrage most of the time..

Hypervox said...

Artrage Studio is brilliant on this little beauty, because you can change the keyboard shortcuts. There are two touch buttons, and a combined tocker/button on this device, which I've got mapped to make things, like undoing, easier.